25.9.2010

I'm in Love

Title says it all, I'm in love. I visited my husband while he had to be a few days in Jyväskylä because of his job and found a craft shop, Askartelupuoti Pia. I didn't shop much as my bank account was telling me not to but at least now I know they have Cornish Heritage Farm stamps , X-cut punches and a few other things no one sells in my town.

The thing I bought and fell in love with is actually sold also in Paprus but I've never seen it in use before so I've been able to resist it. What is it? Nellie Snellen flower punch series Jumbo Leaf. I have quite many flower dies and punches but only one set of swirls and one set of leaves and the leaves I have aren't even that leafy.

This leaf punch actually has two parts, first one cuts out the leaf and the other one embosses it. And by embossing I don't mean it draws a few lines to it. It actually creates quite a deep 3D -effect.

You're going to see lot of them in the future but here's my first try. This card was made for Koukussa Kortteihin -groups first fantasy challenge. Topic was moonlight.


I didn't find a suitable stamp (if anyone knows places to get nice fantasy stamps, please wink!) so I ented up drawing some kind of a witch. I colored it using ProMarkers and Sakura glitter gel pens. Paper behind it is from DCWV's Once Upon A Time -stack. I distressed the edges a bit and added some black ink on them. Flower is made using Tim Holz Alterations Tattered Florals -die and colored with Distress ink in Dusty Concord, black Aladine ink and purple Perfect Pearls. I also added Perfect Pearls on black cardstock for the card blank.

Some purple sequin trim, a few tear shaped blings, a piece of dotted cardstock punched with X-cut edge punch , and tadaa, first leaves made with the new punch. Aren't they pretty?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti