10.7.2010

Pinup girl for my maid-of-honor


I made this card for my maid-of-honors 24th birthday and it also takes part to K-18 challenge in Koukussa Kortteihin. The challenge was pinup themed and I hope that the picture I draw fits in that category.

Lately I've been a bit more open to the idea of drawing pictures to some cards by myself. It's easy to rely on stamps especially as I'm not talented drawer but some days there just isn't the right stamp at hand. My first reaction in those situations is to check for digis but to be honest, there's a lot of them available that aren't THAT much better than my own drawings so I don't really want to pay 3-4$ a piece for them.

This was one of those days. I couldn't find a pin up picture that I liked that would've been free for use so I tried to come up with something on my own. I scanned, resized and printed it before coloring it with ProMarkers. Bikini dots, fingernails and eyes also got a touch of glitter from Sakuras Gelly Rollers.

Background paper is from Tim Holtz Lost & Found stack. I distressed all the edges just a bit with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. The smaller piece of designer paper is by Cosmo Cricket and I used bubble wrap and Distress Ink in Barn Door to stamp dots on it. The same technique was used with VersaMark ink and Seafoam White embossing powder on black cardstock to create background for the picture. Picture and greeting (it says something like "sizzling birthday") was raised from it with 3D stickers.

Embossed stars are made with Inkadinkado stamp and the star paperclip came in a RAK. I love the two I got in a package and I've been saving them. Now I only have blue one left. I should check out where to buy more of them.

1 kommentti: