Accidental Roses

Today I decided to try out some Camelot-flowers after I saw Jades Youtube-video. I started by cutting flowers with Tattered Florals -die out of thin cardstock and dragging them on a craft mat with some water, glimmer mist and Wild honey Distress Ink (I'm in love with that colour, can you notice?). While still wet, I twisted the petal ends with tweezers. After that I let the pieces dry and made the same dying for small x-cut punched flowers. I added some Barn door Distress Ink on them as well and glued them together to form a small rose.

I glued all layers together with Glossy Accent and on top you can see the result. Nice flowers but not as good as I wished. (I apologize picture quality, my cam is on loan so I took them with my cellphone.)

After finishing these I decided to try coffee filters. I imagined they would twist better. I was wrong. They didn't stay twisted even as much as cardstock did. Not wet nor dry. I started playing with the pieces I had cut and dyed.... it resulted these roses:

I don't know about you but I think they're quite gorgeous. There's more layers used in the pink one, maybe a few too much. I have to come up with a perfect number and I'll make a tutorial on these.

1 kommentti:

  1. Oh my gods, those are so pretty! I love the yellow-orange-red -one. Brilliant! :D