22.11.2010

I'm Going Slightly Mad, P*skarteluhaaste #66

As soon as I saw a tutorial for a folded card this morning I had an urge to try it. It just wasn't as simple as I imagined. First problem was that I don't have any around-the-card -punches. So I tried and tried and tried ways to make a decent corner with my existing punches. Second problem was the folding itself. It was surprisingly hard to get all the edges straight. At the end I think I tried seven times before I got it right.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do another one in the near future but if someone else wants to try, I'll give one hint. If you have the same X-cut edge punch I used, use 22 cm*22 cm or 26c m*26 cm cardstock and start punching always from the middle of a side. That's how you get quite neat corners by trimming them just a bit with scissors. I used the smaller size for this one.


I used Distress Ink in Antique Linen to go around all the edges and folds. Everything else is stamped with Encore Ultimate Metallic ink in gold. I'm happy my mystery stamp bag held so much all kinds of decorative swirls and corners. I used some swirls for the balls and corners for triangles in the inside. I build the Christmas tree with different sizes of corner stamps, have been meaned to try it since I saw a tip in Tiimari magazine. One text from weekends fair also got out of its bag, it says "On jouluilta" (It's Christmas Night) in one of the bigger green areas under a corner stamp. All papers are by Papermania.


This card is my entry for this weeks P*skarteluhaaste -challenge which was to use maximum of 4 embellishments.

2 kommenttia:

  1. What a beautiful card, SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!
    liefs Anneke

    The size you used is that centimeters? i come from Nederland

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yes, the size is cm. I'm from Finland so I'm more accustomed to use them :) With 22 cm *22 cm card score each edge on 5,5 cm.

    VastaaPoista