25.11.2010

Yesterdays Creations

Koukussa Kortteihin had a Christmas challenge to create a matching card and some kind of package. I decorated an empty chocolate box and made a tag to go with it. First I was thinking of silver and white but at some point it turned quite blue.

Step one was to cover the whole box with thick office paper. Regular 80g/m^3 was a bit too see-trough so I used 120g/m^3. Next I sponged the whole thing with Weathered Wood Distress Ink.

I had a bit too much fun with the flowers. First I cut acrylic flowers with Sizzix Tattered Florals die. Then I ran them trough Big Shot again with embossing plate and cut the ends of bigger ones petals with X-cut edge punch. Next I rubbed some silver acrylic paint with my finger to the bigger piece and stamped smaller ones with the same paint. I was using Game Color paint in Chainmail Silver.

Again using the same die I cut two layers of vellum and added some dotting on petal tips with silver gel pen. I snipped petals on the acrylic layers a bit deeper before folding them and putting flowers together with Glossy Accent.

I'm a bit dissapointed that I didn't buy more of those metal stars used all over this project. I only got one or two left after using them here as flower centers, snowflakes and pendant. I also need to buy more clear gems.

"H" and "J" pins marking Hyvää Joulua (Merry Christmas) are made following a tutorial I saw a while ago for Tim Holz memo pins. I just can't remember where it was. Anyways, I didn't have memo pins so I just made some myself of metal wire. I stamped letters on white cardstock, embossed them with a mixture of black and silver embossing powder and punched them out. Then I put the pins on the circles and filled them with Glossy Accent.

I printed the picture and text out on Canson Illustration. Picture can be found here. I cropped it a bit and put it trough blue Photoshop filter before printing.


Inside is a pocket for tag. I used Marianne Design die for all swirls in this project. I cut them of silver cardstock and used the same cardstock as a base for tag.

Tag has same kind of flower than the box. I added some white feathers because text speaks about touch of an angel wing. A few ribbons, some baby blue fiber and a Fiskars border stamp finished the tag.


And then something completely different: some Fimo cupcake charms. I thought I'd add these as little surprises to friends Christmas presents.

3 kommenttia:

  1. Mahtavia taas kerran! <3
    Vinkki: Vapsussa oli kassojen lähellä korissa erivärisiä tuikkupusseja.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Henna, jee, tarttee käydä hakemassa sinisiä.

    VastaaPoista
  3. We love your gorgeous cupkakes made of STAEDTLER FIMO and would love to meet you on our facebook fanpage http://www.facebook.com/STAEDTLER.headquarters !
    It would be great if you became a fan, too, and showed your artworks to all other FIMO fans on our page. Your Christmas decoration is truly inspirational :)

    Hope to meet you soon and best regards from STAEDTLER headquarters in Germany, Yvonne

    VastaaPoista