30.12.2010

Experimenting With Alcohol Inks

I got The Compendium of Curiosities by Tim Holz for Christmas and been reading (and petting and...) since then with great devotion. I didn't have all the products he's using in it so I persuaded my grandmom to buy some of the missing ones for a late b-day present.

Yesterday I tried alcohol inks for the first time and it resulted on this tag.

I first dropped few drops of Adirondack alcohol ink in Butterskotch on a blending tool and blend it on semi-glossy photo paper. Then I dropped a few drops of blending solution on the tool and went partially trough the orange area with the tool again. After that I took the bottle of blending solution and dropped some drops directly on the dry layer forming "bubbles" on the backround.

Next I took a needle and made some random markings and some "lighspots" on "bubbles" by scratching the paper surface with it. Then I stamped Papermania boy on top with black Archival Ink and draw some random lines, fly away -text and a few extra bubbles with felt tip pen.

Dragonfly was cut free hand out of photo paper I had first colored with Stream and Eggplant alcohol inks and then stamped on with Perfect Medium and topped with Perfect Pearls. Stamp I used was actually the same boy.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti